- Contact information: donor name, organization/company name, complete address, phone number, email address
- Donation information: amounts donated, date of donations(s), method of donation and to what appeal the donation was in response to
- Volunteer Information: contact information and hours volunteered
- Written requests and comments from donors and volunteers
- Information available for public consumption via the web or gathered from database engines such as Foundation Directory Online or Donor Search
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as how many hits each CFRF website page receives, and if the visitor is repeat or new. This requires that a ‘cookie’ be sent to your web browser.
How Information is Used
- The Cystic Fibrosis Relief Fund uses your data to maintain records of donations, send acknowledgements, mail year-end tax statements to you, send newsletters, notices and direct mail pieces, and for internal donor stewardship purposes.
- Donors, volunteers, and programming partners are added to our mailing list, unless you request otherwise.
- Individual donors and corporate, foundation, and public grantors may be listed in our Annual Report unless they have opted to give anonymously.
- We may occasionally use written comments/letters occasionally to post on our website (in an anonymous fashion), and will only use personal information if we have obtained permission to publish the stakeholder’s/client’s/donor’s name or personal information.
- We also use information to respond to inquiries received.
- Credit card numbers are NOT retained once processed. Our website has a SSL certificate. We do not see your credit card number when you donate online. Donations over 2% of our entire budget must be reported on IRS Form 990, Schedule B. We use website statistics to analyze our website usage.
No Sharing of Personal Information
The Cystic Fibrosis Relief Fund will not sell, rent, trade or transfer your personal information to outside organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of the Cystic Fibrosis Relief Fund and only to further the mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Relief Fund. Nevertheless, security measures may not prevent all losses, and CFRF is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List
Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
Our contact information is listed below.